TechCrunch is worked up to announce that the Startup Battlefield Latin America is coming to São Paulo on November eight this 12 months. That is the primary occasion TechCrunch has ever held in Latin America, and we’re all in to make it a memorable one to assist the fast-emerging startup ecosystem within the area.
The Startup Battlefield is TechCrunch’s premier startup competitors, which over the previous 12 years has positioned 750 firms on stage to pitch prime VCs and TechCrunch editors. These founders have gone on to boost greater than $eight billion and produce greater than 100 exits. Startup Battlefield Latin America goals so as to add 15 nice founders from Latin America to these elite ranks.
Right here’s how the competitors works. Founders may apply now to take part in Startup Battlefield. Any early stage (pre-A spherical) firm with a working product headquartered in an eligible Latin American nation (see listing under) could apply. Functions shut August 6. TechCrunch editors will evaluation the functions and, primarily based on which candidates have the strongest potential for an enormous exit of main societal affect, choose 15 to compete on November eight. TechCrunch’s Startup Battlefield crew will work intensively with every founding crew to hone their six-minute pitch to perfection.
Then it’s sport day. The 15 firms will take the stage at São Paulo’s Tomie Ohtake Institute in entrance of a stay viewers of 500 individuals to pitch top-tier VC judges. The judges and TechCrunch editors will choose 5 for a finals spherical. These fortunate finalists will face a contemporary crew of judges, and one will emerge because the winner of the first-ever Startup Battlefield Latin America. The winner takes residence $25,000 and a visit for 2 to the following Disrupt, the place they will exhibit freed from cost within the Startup Alley and may additionally qualify to take part within the Startup Battlefield at Disrupt. Candy deal. All Startup Battlefield classes shall be captured on video and posted on TechCrunch.com.
It’s an expertise no founder would need to miss, contemplating the chance to affix the ranks of Battlefield greats from years previous, together with Dropbox, Yammer, Mint, Getaround, CloudFlare, Vurb and plenty of extra.
Right here’s the need-to-know about qualifying to use:
- Have an early-stage firm in “launch” stage
- Headquartered in one in all these international locations: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela (Central America) Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Panama (Caribbean – together with dependencies and constituent entities), Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico.
- Have a totally working product/beta moderately near, or in, manufacturing
- Have acquired restricted press or publicity to this point
- Don’t have any recognized mental property conflicts
- Apply by Aug. 6, 2018, at 5 p.m. PST
Tickets to attend Startup Battlefield Latin America will go on sale quickly. Excited about sponsoring the occasion, contact us here