Samsung and Australia’s three carriers — Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone Australia — have unveiled their Galaxy Note 9 pricing alongside pre-orders from August 10 forward of launch on August 24.
The Galaxy Be aware 9 prices AU$1,499 outright from Samsung for each fashions if pre-ordering the handset, after which the 512GB model shall be priced at AU$1,799.
The handset contains a 6.Four-inch 2,960×1,440 quad HD+ Tremendous AMOLED show; 6GB of RAM (LPDR4) with 128GB storage and microSD card slot as much as 512GB or 8GB of RAM (LPDR4) with 512GB storage and microSD card slot (as much as 512GB); a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor; a Four,000mAh battery; and Android eight Oreo.
The gadget additionally comes kitted out with a rear twin digital camera with twin optical picture stabilisation; a rear wide-angle 12-megapixel digital camera with super-speed twin pixel, autofocus, F1.5/F2.Four; and a rear telephoto 12-megapixel digital camera with autofocus, F2.Four, and 2x optical zoom with as much as 10x digital zoom.
Learn additionally: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 vs. iPhone X: We compare specs and features
Together with handset repayments, the minimal spend per thirty days for the brand new handsets on every telco are:
MAXIMUM DATA INCLUSIONS
If you happen to make your selections based mostly on the very best potential knowledge inclusions:
- Galaxy Be aware 9 128GB: AU$122 for 3GB knowledge; AU$129 for 10GB knowledge; AU$134 for 30GB knowledge; AU$139 for 60GB knowledge; and AU$199 for limitless knowledge
- Galaxy Be aware 9 512GB: AU$129 for 3GB knowledge; AU$139 for 10GB knowledge; AU$149 for 30GB knowledge; AU$149 for 60GB knowledge; and AU$199 for limitless knowledge
On Telstra’s mobile-leasing plans, the telephones price:
- Galaxy Be aware 9 128GB: AU$112 for 3GB knowledge; AU$199 for 10GB knowledge; AU$124 for 30GB knowledge; AU$129 for 60GB knowledge; and AU$199 for limitless knowledge
- Galaxy Be aware 9 512GB: AU$119 for 3GB knowledge; AU$129 for 10GB knowledge; AU$139 for 30GB knowledge; AU$139 for 60GB knowledge; and AU$199 for limitless knowledge
Telstra can be throwing in a Samsung Tab A eight.zero — in addition to an automated improve to the 512GB gadget — for any prospects pre-ordering the Samsung Galaxy Be aware 9.
The highest-end plans additionally embrace Peace of Thoughts knowledge and one 12-month Foxtel Now starter pack, together with worldwide roaming knowledge and calls to varied locations.
Optus is offering the 512GB mannequin for a similar pricing because the 128GB mannequin till August 23, with the telephones costing:
- To personal: AU$95 for 2GB knowledge; AU$100 for 5GB knowledge; AU$105 for 20GB knowledge; AU$115 for 40GB knowledge; AU$132 for 100GB knowledge; and AU$145 for 200GB knowledge
- To lease: AU$85 for 2GB knowledge; AU$90 for 5GB knowledge; AU$95 for 20GB knowledge; AU$105 for 40GB knowledge; AU$125 for 100GB knowledge; and AU$145 for 200GB knowledge
All Optus plans embrace limitless calls and texts; the highest 4 plans embrace limitless worldwide calls and texts to 35 nations; and the highest three embrace worldwide roaming ranging between 2GB and 6GB.
Optus additionally pointed to its content material holdings of the English Premier League and UEFA Champions League, together with National Geographic; data-free streaming of Spotify, Google Play Music, and iHeartRadio; and AU$5 per thirty days knowledge streaming throughout Netflix, Stan, and ABC iView.
Should learn: Samsung Galaxy Note 9: A cheat sheet (Tech Republic)
As of June 30, Optus had 10.2 million mobile customers throughout Australia.
Vodafone, which is at the moment sitting at 6 million mobile customers including Kogan and Lebara subs, is offering the 512GB mannequin on the similar pricing because the 128GB mannequin till August 23, with the telephones costing the next:
- 12-month plans: AU$159.91 for 2GB knowledge; AU$169.91 for 20GB knowledge; AU$184.91 for 40GB knowledge; AU$184.91 for 80GB knowledge; and AU$204.91 for 100GB knowledge
- 24-month plans: AU$97.45 for 2GB knowledge; AU$107.45 for 20GB knowledge; AU$117.45 for 40GB knowledge; AU$117.45 for 80GB knowledge; and AU$137.45 for 100GB knowledge
- 36-month plans: AU$76.63 for 2GB knowledge; AU$86.63 for 20GB knowledge; AU$98.13 for 40GB knowledge; AU$98.13 for 80GB knowledge; and AU$118.13 for 100GB knowledge
Vodafone final month additionally launched its mobile Pass add-ons that enable for limitless non-metered use of a collection of websites at 1.5Mbps.
At a further AU$15 per thirty days price, Vodafone customers can endlessly stream from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Stan; for AU$10 every month, customers can stream music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, and SoundCloud; infinite knowledge from Fb, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterst may be bought for AU$10 a month; and the textual content components of Fb Messenger and WhatsApp, together with textual content and name elements of Viber, can be utilized at 1.5Mbps for AU$5 a month.
Samsung’s new Galaxy Be aware 9 focuses on performance for the enterprise skilled and works with the up to date DeX system.
Samsung held an “Unpacked” press occasion on Aug. 9, 2018 to unveil its next-generation Galaxy Be aware smartphone. This is how one can nonetheless watch that occasion on-line.
See how Samsung’s newest smartphone, the Galaxy Be aware 9, compares to its stablemate, the Galaxy S9+, and two different premium Android units, the OnePlus 6 and Huawei P20 Professional, spec by spec.
A brand new S Pen, extra storage, longer battery life, and a barely bigger show all add as much as equal Samsung’s new Galaxy Be aware 9.
The rumors are true–the revamped S Pen stylus that comes with the Samsung Galaxy Be aware 9 smartphone contains Bluetooth connectivity.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
Samsung’s new flagship telephone, the Galaxy Be aware 9, targets enterprise productiveness customers with greater than a terabyte of reminiscence, DeX performance, and a revamped S Pen.
Hiring kit: Android developer (Tech Professional Analysis)
Corporations are more and more depending on cell platforms to energy their enterprise operations and to allow a productive workforce – and meaning hiring top-notch builders to construct the apps they want.